Smart NIC is getting more and more important. Faster networking and data center impose too much networking overhead on the CPU cores, not a doubt, the compute virtualization, software-defined storage (SDS), and hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) and other network applications, make this problem worse, as they create more east-west traffic.
Smarter NICs – IEI PulM series can resolve all this virtualization and packet processing faster, more efficiently, and at lower cost than standard CPUs. It is ideal for users want to, for instance, build up a network server with virtual machine and provide storage function.
IEI provides four brands of NIC from Aquantia, Intel, Broadcom, Mella-nox, and with 1G, 2.5G, 5G, 10G or 25G different kinds of speed.
Spec Item Description Physical Characteristics Dimensions (LxWxH) (mm) 165.50 (L) x 77.8 (W) x 44.2 (H) I/O Interface Ethernet 8 x LAN (RJ-45) Environment Operating Temperature 0°C ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F) Storage Temperature -20°C ~ 75°C (-4°F ~ 167°F) Humidity 5% ~ 90% RH, Non-condensing Certifications Safety & EMC RoHS Card Slot Interface PCIe 4 PCIe 2.0 x2 Card Features Speed 1 GbE Controller Chip Broadcom BCM5720
Item No. Description PulM-1G8T-BCM5720-R10 Broadcom BCM5720 based Network Interface Card with 8 x RJ-45 by 4 PCIe 2.0 x 2 Interface.
1 x PulM-1G8T-BMC5720 module
1 x L-shaped T10 Plum Wrench
1 x QIG
- Speed up SDN & NFV Solutions
- Latest PulM Card with Bypass Function-PulM-1G4T-I211 & PulM-1G4T-I211-BP & PulM-10G4SF-XL710-BP
- Optimize Vision Processing with AI Accelerator Card
- Network Firewall Solution
- IEI Launches New Smarter NICs - PulM-10G4T-AQC107 & PulM-10G4SF-MLX
- IEI Released New Smarter NICs - PulM Series to Accelerate Network Virtual Computing