Warranty Terms and Conditions
IEI warrants its products against defects in material and workmanship. Under normal use and service, every hardware portion of the products will be free from physical defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period, or the product will be repaired or replaced as determined solely by IEI. IEI provides 2 years limited warranty for its products only to the person or entity that originally purchased the product from IEI or its authorized distributor or retailer. IEI will not be liable in any way for the loss of data on any computer or storage device and any damage caused by this.
Extra warranty period might be provided by IEI worldwide dealers/distributors. Please contact your distributor/retailer for the local warranty period. Extended warranty may be offered with extra payment in some countries.
- If a product does not operate as warranted above during the applicable warranty period, IEI shall, at its option and expense (except for shipping cost), repair the defective product or part, deliver to the customer an equivalent product or part to replace the defective item. All products that are replaced will become the property of IEI. Replacement products may be new or reconditioned.
Warranty does not apply, if
- the warranty period is expired,
- the warranty label is broken or removed,
- the serial number label is missing or unrecognizable,
- the product has been modified or repaired by any unauthorized service center or personnel,
- the defect was subject to abuse, improper use not conforming to product manual instructions, or environment conditions more severe than those specified in the manual and specification.
- the defect was subject to Force Majeure, such as acts of God, flood, lightning, earthquake, war, vandalism, theft, brownouts or sags (damage due to low voltage disturbances)
If the customer's product is not covered under warranty, IEI may offer Repair Services under the customer's payment.
Warranty and out of warranty service should be obtained by contacting the distributor where the customer purchased the product and providing proof of purchasing and product serial number. If the original channel is unavailable, contact IEI customer support center (via the link provided below) to apply for repair services. In order to prevent damage caused during the delivery process, the customer must be responsible for the proper packaging of products for return.
*IEI Support URL: https://www.ieiworld.com/en/online_support_form
There are no user serviceable parts inside the product. Do not allow any unauthorized service center or personnel to repair or modify the product. If the original channel is no longer in business or unavailable, the customer may contact IEI Technical Support for international RMA services.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
IF THE IEI PRODUCT DOES NOT OPERATE AS WARRANTED ABOVE, THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE REMEDY SHALL BE, AT IEI'S OPTION, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, EITHER IN FACT OR BY OPERATION OF LAW, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IEI NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, INSTALLATION MAINTENANCE OR USE OF IEI'S PRODUCTS.
IEI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY IF ITS TESTING AND EXAMINATION DISCLOSE THAT THE ALLEGED DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT DOES NOT EXIST OR WAS CAUSED BY CUSTOMER'S OR ANY THIRD PERSON'S MISUSE, NEGLECT, IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR TESTING, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO REPAIR OR MODIFY, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE BEYOND THE RANGE OF THE INTENDED USE, OR BY ACCIDENT, FIRE, LIGHTNING, OR OTHER HAZARD.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL IEI, ITS SERVICE PROVIDER OR EITHER'S AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO), CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF DATA, GOODWILL, INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, PROFITS, USE OF MONEY OR USE OF THE IEI PRODUCTS, INTERRUPTION IN USE OR AVAILABILITY OF DATA.
IEI'S AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER'S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR CLAIMS RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ANY CAUSE AND DESPITE THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY, WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL BE EFFECTIVE EVEN IF CUSTOMER HAS ADVISED IEI OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDER OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.