|How to make BIOS - WINDOWS - shows Chassis Serial number to Identify Number like WMIC (Windows Management Instrumentation Command) support?|
|If customer want to display the Chassis Serial number to Identify Number based on WMIC is possible from AMI-BIOS related tools.|
Our BIOS stored with “Default string” for std BIOS and this value can be edit using “SMBCFG” tool from AMI-BIOS.
You could get it in AMI-BIOS website as well:
You can use this tool and here is example about to use this tool:
1. Prepare DOS-bootable disk with this tool.
2. Boot into DOS and locate the file/folder and execute SMBSCF.
3. Select the item that you want to modify:
For example “Base board (or) Enclosure/Chassis” but not all items can be modify by end-user.
4. Finally, Press “F10” then it will update to DMI table of BIOS flash.
5. Re-check the WMIC command again in windows.
IEI policy is followed by AMI-BIOS vendor, so we are unable to support provide “SMBCFG” tool directly.
Kindly download it from AMI-site as latest by email to them or some other third party website for more details.