Single Board Computing
Intel Kabylake CPU Processors and Windows 7 64-bits OS
|Intel Kabylake CPU Processors and Windows 7 64-bits OS|
Previously, Intel already announced that it will stop its support for Windows 7 32/64-bits OS for 7th & 8th Gen Intel Chipsets.
The 7th & 8th Gen Intel Chipsets will only support Windows 10 64-bits OS.
Thus, there were still some other customer wants to integrate a Windows 7/8.1 OS into a 7th & 8th Gen Intel Chipsets, due to their needs and requirements.
However, there are some workarounds that could make the 7th Gen Intel Chipsets work with Windows 7 64-bits OS (ONLY). Especially, for the Intel HD Graphics Driver.
- As Windows 7 64-bits OS does not have a USB Driver for Intel Skylake/Kabylake. Customer needs to add the USB Driver first into their Windows 7 64-bits OS ISO.
- Then customer needs to download the Intel Graphics Driver win64_154519.4678.zip. Please note that this Intel Driver Version is not available from the Intel Download Center.
- Unzipped the Intel Graphics Driver win64_154519.4678.zip and find the igdlh64.inf file.
- Go to the Device Manager and open the 'Properties' of the Display Adapters. Then take note of the Hardware ID of the Intel Graphics Driver. For example, Intel i7-770 CPU Processor had an Intel HD Graphics 630 and it's Hardware ID is '5912' or Intel i7-7200 had an Intel HD Graphics 620 with Hardware ID '5916'.
- Now open the igdlh64.inf file as notepad then locate the 'Windows 7 Install - DT Only' information.
- Add '%iKBLDTGT2% = iSKLD_w7, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5912' at the bottom.
- Then save the igdlh64.inf file.
- Then install the modified win64_154519.4678 Intel Graphics Driver by executing the setup.exe.
- Please note that during the installation, a warning window that states 'Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software'. Just select 'Install this driver software anyway'.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your system.
Customer can also check this YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w9JofZQkxI
- The Graphics Driver Version 'win64_154519.4678.zip' was already deleted by Intel from their website.
- Customer can only download this driver version from other links.
- Customer can ONLY use this specific Intel Graphics Driver, because the current/latest driver have different igdlh64.inf file.
- Other Intel Kabylake CPU Processors have different Intel HD Graphics Controllers. And these Intel HD Graphics Controllers have different HW ID.
- With igdlh64.inf file was modified, IEI cannot guarantee that all functions from the Graphics Controller will work efficiently.
- There may be some profound issues that might occur and IEI is not liable for this issues.
- The 7th & 8th Gen Intel Chipsets will only support Windows 10 64-bits OS.