|How to update MAC Addresses (LAN1 and LAN2) of PCIE-Q870-i2-R10 and SPCIE-C2260-i2-R10.|
|Procedures on how to update MAC Addresses (LAN1 and LAN2) of PCIE-Q870-i2-R10 and SPCIE-C2260-i2-R10.|
1. Firstly, you need to create a DOS-bootable USB-stick.
· Please refer to following link to create your own DOS-bootable USB-stick: http://www.cybernetman.com/kb/index.cfm/fuseaction/home.viewArticles/articleId/162
2. Download and extract the TESTFUN.ZIP to the DOS root directory.
3. Execute 'MAC.BAT' under C:\> TESTFUN.
4. Locate and take note of which is MAC1 (LAN1) and MAC2 (LAN2) Addresses on the SBC Boards.
5. Type-in the network number for MAC1: '00187D111111' - and press Enter.
6. Then it will ask to type-in the network number for MAC2: '00187D111112' - and press Enter.
7. The tool will automatically burn both MAC1 and MAC2 network number. When it completes the update it would show 'MAC_CODE PASS'.
- Customer should carefully check the MAC Address assigned on each LAN Port by checking the sticker attached into the LAN Ports.
- The IEI MAC Code usually starts with 00187Dxxxxxx.
- When typing the MAC Address during the update, if the first 8-digit did not match the MAC Address from the sticker kindly modify/edit the 'mac.ini' file.
* For example: the current mac.ini file has 00187D33 and the MAC Address of the LAN Port was 00187D37.
* Then customer should edit the mac.ini file by changing the text file to '00187D37' and click save.
* Then re-run the mac.bat to update the MAC Addresses.